Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Marching Forward . . .






Since October, I feel like I've been on a constant mudslide of action and emotion.
My son has been born, Riley has been the best little Big Sister I've ever seen and I've been designing, teaching and sketching as much as I can, which for the most part isn't much.
I did have some terrible things happen here, that have caused some shaky emotional issues and I don't know that I'd feel comfortable talking about them here on the Internets.
Sufficed to say, I no longer believe in what justice is or what it does for society in regards to protecting children and what's best for them.
I'll post some sketches here, but my heart really isn't in them. It's in my children and the family I have in my home.
I'll miss it.

4 Comments:

Blogger cerebrand said...

HI, i dont understand what to say for your works, but my heart is screaming silently at the works. i wish i were able to draw so fast with so strong lines. i can't .
your works are like teaching samples for me. great great. pleast visit my www.aritoons.blogspot.com and mail me to arindam.1974@rediffmail.com

6:36 AM  
Blogger Edward S. Smith Jr. said...

Aw, shucks Ari.
Your work looks good too.
I like the calming lines and classic Eastern look that it all has.
As for my lines, they're just a product of using a brush pen. Those things work like using a brush and a bottle of ink, but they're less messy with my children running around.
Plus, I can take them anywhere.
The speed? That just comes with having to draw quickly between changing diapers and getting snacks!
Keep writing, I'd enjoy having an intercontinental pen pal to swap art ideas with!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Alex Deligiannis said...

This is awesome work. I particularly dig the pandas below, and the Fred Flintstone (his legs are great!) Excellent work!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Edward S. Smith Jr. said...

Thanks, Alex!
I'm glad you like what you see.
Most of the stuff here is just some doodles that I've thrown into sketchbooks and worked up fast digitally to try and keep up with the pros like you and Emmanuel, over at Crushcounty.com and Hard 8.
I love the color selections that you're using for your pages. I only wish I had a bit more time to get them down for some of the pages that I'd like to finish!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home