Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Being Free






Well, sometimes a little bit of time off is a good thing.
I'd been working hard at the magazine, working on some freelance stuff, and getting a bunch of my own sketches going as of late.
Being busy a lot is not only tiring and maddening, but also very quickly paced!
I cannot remember for the life of me when it was that I went to beach this summer!
Ah, I've got a few days left until summer's over, don't I?
Anyway, more sketches, but not all of them, just a few.
I pretty much sketch everyday now, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and don't want people too see my crappy work.
Feel free to critique, but make sure you let me know why you think the way that you do about those images and critiques. Believe it or not, it helps.

3 Comments:

Blogger cerebrand said...

Hi, its me again. i really cant get my eyes off the works . yes the perfection is loud in all.
but,
don't mind my critique, it takes a second or two to understand the pic. its your style and its ok.what do you think ?

4:53 AM  
Blogger Edward S. Smith Jr. said...

I think I found a new set of eyes to look at my work and give me a valuable opinion. At least I hope i have.
I know that the lines tend to be a bit heavy handed, I'm working on that. Overall, though I try to capture a natural flow to the character's weight and action lines. I hope that they're coming across.
Some of them should be short and choppy lines, others should be long and goofy.
I hope that makes sense, I'm exhausted.

10:10 AM  
Blogger cerebrand said...

hi,
don't be so hard on your lines. their strength and speed and yes the weight all are enviable. the most i like is the dimension and the parspective. the characters are well with their moods and expression. ofcourse the presentation is your own style. dont try much to change it. rather establish it in your way.
good if you try to remove the complexity in movements.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home