Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday's OOmpa



Okay, so I promised this coworker of mine an Oompa loompa, like I said before because she is so super cool, she and almost everyone else that I work with are, and she's been a bit down lately. I'm going to try and post twice. The inks are a very stylized, VERY VERY sloppy oompa loompa sketch that I plan on digitally painting, which seems to be fast becoming my new choice in the arena of coloring things (Forgive me, Marlo Meekins, my love, but I am still very nervous when it comes to loosening up with a brush!) The second is my progress thus far with my Pirate boss!
Seriously, feel free to comment, I welcome any and all comments, especially professionals who want to tell me how much I suck, but more importantly WHY I suck and what I can do to improve.
Big Luv, as my big brother says!

4 Comments:

Blogger geenpool said...

DUDE!! I love the face of the first one. 'specially the eyebrows..very nice. The only critisism (sp?) I might have is bad tangents...it's something I continually struggle with, so maybe this critisism (sp?) is more for me than you...so, uh...yeah....i like ducks. Nice stuff.

3:25 PM  
Blogger TOM REBELLO said...

a sweet sweet eddy i didn't know you could draw!
i would sweat the tangent thing the world we live in is full of them...god love a rad tangent!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Edward S. Smith Jr. said...

Tom, as always, your comments, as well as your enthusiasm, is always a welcome thing.
As for the tangent thing, I'm not sure if that's and art term for my line work or something, or the fact that I talk too much. In any case, it is phenomenally a HUGE pleasure to to have Geenpool looking at my Blog, even if I begged him to. I'm still reeling from the experience.

9:49 AM  
Blogger TOM REBELLO said...

oh dang that should say i wouldn't sweat the tangents! superman makes two of them everytime he places his hands on his hips to look all superheroic and he's the man of steel for god sake so tangents can't be all that bad sides pick up any of kirby's old work and you'll see tangents and that man was king so lets all of us comic art slash cartoon radcore folks give are new friend the tangent a hug and say "hello new friend and welcome,welcome!". oh by the way radcore is what i'd like all of us kids in the know to be called...i for one am sick of being called a geek just because i like comics toys and cartoons. radcore is more like it and it is here to stay so says the fury!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home