Thursday, July 13, 2006

Primates can be taught! Yesiree! Opposable thumbs rock!


So, I'm working on an Oompa Loompa sketch for one of my co-workers who's as cool as all get out, but is pregnant and has suffered some recent down turn in the luck department. BUT, in the meantime, I'm going to post some progress I'm making on a sketch I've created of my boss, which he hates. But I like it, my blog, my posts. I came up with the idea of illlustrating everyone in my office as children trick or treating for a Halloween theme I thought I'd have to illustrate and design, starting with him. He didn't like my sketches of him, so he shot me out of the sky before I even left the ground.
I poke around alot here and Corbett Vanoni's blog is incredible at tutorials for Illustrator and manipulating brushes, so i messed around with some of the stuff that he was teaching and got to work on immortalizing Mr. Cogswell.
This first sketch is my really quick, really rough pencil that I showed him during a meeting that sparked the illustrating office members idea, which again he did NOT like.
Enjoy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig D said...

Hey, is Powder Springs, GA anywhere near Box Springs, GA? (My brother lives there.)

I saw your post about drawing for your daughter, and that's what I've been doing for my 2-1/2 year-old as well.

Keep it up!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Edward S. Smith Jr. said...

I'd like to say that it is, but it's pretty far away. Box Springs is around Colombus, right on the border of Georgia and Alabama. It South West of Atlanta, and by looking at the map, i'd say its about 2 maybe 3 hours away. I live maye 1/2 hour from Atlanta and work there as well.

Any tips for me on keeping up with my blog and trying to produce at least a sketch a day?

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home