Thursday, July 06, 2006

Daddy's Little Girl


Okay, so the title comes across as masagonistic, almost sexist. Truth be told, its an homage to my little girl. Whenever I get lost for inspiration, those big blue eyes and bright smile, her sarcastic and funny demeanor all let me know that she's going to be okay when she grows up, and that everything I've done in this life wasn't in vain.
Plus, she gives me the coolest things to draw! I know that instructors and professionals tell you to draw from life and to draw what you see, but if you've never had a three year-old ask you to draw a dinosaur beaver on a Sunday afternoon, then you've never had an exercise in true creativity!
I love you booger, and all of this is for you!
Here's a unicorn reading that she asked me to draw last night!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed,
That unicorn reading reminds me of dad. You think?

your biggest fan

3:42 PM  
Blogger Edward S. Smith Jr. said...

Sweetie, although he IS the Stud Muffin, stud being a horse used for breeding, this uncorn/horse has its horseshoes on its feet, not at its hairline. Although, Dad is a magnificent beast in his own right! Quite the stallion! Anyway, he does look good, and I look forward to walking with you and our girl again soon! Kisses, Red.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought there were more pictures up here... where did they go?!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Edward S. Smith Jr. said...

I think you might have gone to just this post, Jules. (If in fact, you are the radtastic Super Julie that i suspect you to be!)
The whole blog is at http://ryesdaddy.blogspot.com/
There a five or six posts, each with at least 2 sketches for them. Enjoy and don't forget to comment on them!
Big Luv,
E

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home